[osgeo4w-dev] Packaging the FYBA lib for SOSI-support in the OSGeo4W version of GDAL

SBL Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Tue Apr 30 02:18:13 PDT 2013

Hi

Some update on this topic:

Now I managed to build a .dll of the fyba-lib using gcc in MSYS (shipped
with OSGeo4W) By following instructions here:
http://www.mingw.org/wiki/sampleDLL <http://www.mingw.org/wiki/sampleDLL>
and  http://www.mingw.org/wiki/SpecsFileHOWTO
<http://www.mingw.org/wiki/SpecsFileHOWTO>  . It worked well, except of some
warning messages.
Here:
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/status-of-the-OGR-Norwegian-SOSI-support-td3747196.html
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/status-of-the-OGR-Norwegian-SOSI-support-td3747196.html>
I read that the .dlls should be build with different versions / dependencies
in order to integrate the SOSI-Driver into a Windows-Version of GDAL (and
also OSGeo4W).

I am a completely newbie here, and consider myself more as a (a little bit
advanced) user than as a developer... So, I am very grateful for any help!
This is what I did to build a fyba.dll in MSYS so far:

What should I do in order to build a propper .dll for OSGeo4W and how could
it be integrated in the GDAL version there?

Best regards
Stefan