[osgeo4w-dev] New installer (and OSGeo4W 64bit)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Aug 20 11:12:15 PDT 2013

Jurgen / Steve,

I haven't followed this discussion as closely as I likely ought to have,
but I'll make a few notes:

1) I'm not particularly interested in showing free software licenses in the
OSGeo4W installer.  I'm only showing the proprietary ones because it is
required to avoid legal liability.  I am not aware of us having any
obligation to show free software licenses.  If anything I *like* the fact
that users are forced through some agree-to-license-misery for proprietary
licenses which emphasizes how lame they are and celebrates the awesomeness
of no bull free software.

2) I'm a bit dubious about md5sum's for merging same licenses into one
request, but since I'm not worried about non-free licenses it isn't an
issue for me.

3) I'd rather not use automatic pdf conversion to text.  This process only
has to be done once per package, and I'd rather have a human review the
text-ified version and ensure that its still captures the original
agreement in a reasonable form.

Best regards,
Frank

warmerdam at pobox.com