[osgeo4w-dev] MapServer and Apache

Alan Boudreault aboudreault at mapgears.com
Tue Jul 2 11:50:46 PDT 2013

Hi FrankW,

I totally agree with you about the package separation and the
deprecation of mapserver56. The metapackage would be perfect for those
who just want everything installed. In UbuntuGIS, things are separated
similarly: libmapserver, cgi-mapserver (apache) mapserver-bin
python-mapscript.

It allows users to have a better control on what they install.

Regards,
Alan

--
Alan Boudreault