[osgeo4w-dev] SpatiaLite 4 update

a.furieri at lqt.it a.furieri at lqt.it
Fri Jul 26 09:09:13 PDT 2013

On Thu, 25 Jul 2013 21:07:13 +0200, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Sandro Furieri just uploaded new packages to the testing area.
> Thanks Sandro.
>
> Following changes were made:
>
> freexl was updated to 1.0.0e
> libxml2 was updated to 2.9.1
> sqlite3 was updated to 3.7.17
> spatialite was updated to 4.1.1
>
> There is also a new package named spatialite3dll that only contains
> the DLL of
> the previous spatialite version.  The DLL in the new spatialite
> package was
> renamed spatialite4.dll to avoid breakages.  All other changed DLLs
> should be
> ABI compatible.
>
> The setup.hint of all packages that depended on the previous
> spatialite package
> were changed to point to spatialite3dll (namely gdal, pyspatialite
> and
> qgis-common).
>
> The next nightly build of qgis-dev will already use SpatiaLite 4 (and
> contain a
> local pyspatialite supporting SpatiaLite 4).   In the process - as
> usual - the
> setup_test.ini will be promoted to setup.ini and make the update
> public.
>
> So we have a test window of about 5 hours from now...

Hi Jürgen,

I've tested the most recent QGIS nightly build (3c5980c); anything
seems
to run smoothly, and SpatiaLite 4.1.1 is correctly reported to be in
use.

Anyway, while attempting to connect any DB-file created using
SpatiaLite
v.4.x I still get the infamous error:

"obsolete libspatialite: connecting to this DB requires using v.4.0
  (or any subsequent)"

The explanation for this apparently puzzling error is rather simple;
the QGIS/SpatiaLite dataprovider code effectively enables the new
v.4.x APIs only if the SPATIALITE_VERSION_GE_4_0_0 conditional macro
is set; and this necessarily requires recreating from scratch a fresh
CMake configuration based on the top of the updated SpatiaLite 4.1.1

please see: -/QuantumGis/cmake/FindSPATIALITE.cmake

I've just built a custom QGIS of my own starting from sources after
creating a brand new CMake configuration, and I can positively confirm
that this definitely solves any still pending issue.

bye Sandro

--
Il messaggio e' stato analizzato alla ricerca di virus o
contenuti pericolosi da MailScanner, ed e'