[osgeo4w-dev] OSGeo4W Weekly report #6
Lord Flaubert Steve Ataucuri Cruz
lord.ataucuri at ucsp.edu.pe
Fri Jul 26 16:09:34 PDT 2013
This is the weekly report for week 6
*What did I do this week?*
The main work in this week was around "downloading process" of license
file from server. I feel happy because, I finished the first version of
this new extend of Installer. So You can try it:
- Download "setup.override.ini" file from "
http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/browser" in the root of your local directory
- Download sources from server
http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/SetupDevelopment and follow the wiki in
order to build "setup.exe"
- When you have the setup.exe run it
- Choose: Advance Install > Install from internet > Root Directory >
Local package directory > Direct connection
- Choose a restrictive package for example "gdal-mrsid" or " gdal-ecw "
or both, you should to choose these because I just created a files for
each one in download.osgeo.org server. If you choose another restrictive
package setup.exe will raise an error, and choose another normal package
for example: "gdal-java".
- The setup will download the license file from remote server into your
local directory "Local Package Directory" , you can see it If you want.
- The next step setup.exe will load the file into a window and it will
show to user .
*What do I plan on doing next week?*
I will improve some cases when there is no file in remote server and
install in "some path" that I will define with my mentor.
*Did I block on anything?*
* I had resolved many problems with segmentation fault. "segmentation
fault" when setup.exe does not found a license file in remote server.
I committed all my work at http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/timeline from
1230-1233. This is my work of this week.
Steve Ataucuri Cruz
School of Computer Science,
San Pablo Catholic University - Arequipa, Peru (http://www.ucsp.edu.pe),
Screen Names :
stonescenter at hotmail.com (Windows Live Messenger)
stonescenter at gmail.com (Google talk)
stonescenter at yahoo.com (Yahoo Messenger)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the osgeo4w-dev