[osgeo4w-dev] Updating mapscript (and more thoughts)

Giuseppe Sucameli brush.tyler at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 04:16:03 PDT 2013

Hi all,
the mapserver package was updated at the end of January to v6.2, the mapscript
one is still back to the v5.2-b3 [1].

I've tried to build it, but without success.
I get segfaults using my mapscript with the mapserver shipped with OSGeo4W,
I don't know if due to the different MSVC versions they are built with.

How could we fix this problem?
Could the pious soul who built the mapserver package update the mapscript
package as well?

BTW, updating even just one library in OSGeo4W is becoming a difficult process,
sometimes the Win environments are dirty or not aligned so libraries built on a
system don't work on others.
I guess we should invest in developing a better way to do it.

IIRC months ago Frank wrote about he was replicating his environment to a
VM on AmazonS3. Any new step on that direction?

Having shared machines that maintainers could work on to build packages
would help to make the process easier and, consequently, minimize problems
could occur.

Thoughts?

Regards.

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ticket/325