[osgeo4w-dev] 32bit and 64bit support added osgeo4w main repository

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Sun Oct 27 13:12:12 PDT 2013

Hi,

today I updated the osgeo4w repository to support 32bit and 64bit builds.  The
experimental testing64 repository was already supporting both variants so I
basically moved that stuff one level up.

The 32bit binaries are now located in x86/release instead of release and the
64bit binaries in x86_64/release.   The respective setup.inis are also move
there.

Also two new installers were added to the toplevel directory:
osgeo4w-setup-x86.exe and osgeo4w-setup-x86_64.exe.   The previous installer is
still available as osgeo4w-setup-old.exe and osgeo4w-setup.exe now points to
the new 32bit installer.  The setup packages in the repositories were also
updated for the new layout.

The cgi scripts maintaining the setup.inis were changed accordingly and now
update both variants.  To support the transition to the new setup they also
still maintain the setup.ini in the toplevel directory for 32bit (for that
there's also a release symlink in that directory to x86/release).

The wiki pages were also updated accordingly and the changes to setup and the
scripts committed to svn.

I think to the outside everything should behave the same and there shouldn't be
an immediate need to change anything else.  But note that the symlinks and the
toplevel setup.ini will eventually be removed.

Please let me know if I missed something or this causes any other problem.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
QGIS PSC member (RM)                                   IRC: jef on FreeNode

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden