[osgeo4w-dev] NOTICE: Hotmail and Live account email is bounced

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Thu Sep 19 09:39:37 PDT 2013

Hi Folks,

I'm sorry to report that Microsoft Hotmail and Live have banned many if
not all Osgeo mailing lists. The reason cited includes /"Emails rejected
by Outlook for policy reasons. A block has been placed against your IP
address because we have received complaints concerning emails coming
from that IP address"/.

The Osgeo sys admins are aware of the issue and seeing what can be done
to get us removed from the block, but I've no idea how long that will
take, or even if it will be successful.

On our end, after Mailman receives too many notices of failed messages
that email address is placed on a "no mail" list. So, even if/when the
mixup with Microsoft is fixed those accounts will still not receive mail
until that  `nomail` flag is changed.

Users can change their email address their subscriber options page,
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/options/osgeo4w-dev. (The nomail flag can
also be reset here.)

I will email this notice directly to those users who I know are
affected, but don't know if that will cover everyone.

best regards,

--
matt wilkie
Geomatics Analyst