[osgeo4w-dev] PSC RFC

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Sep 25 06:51:00 PDT 2013

Folks,

Per the discussion at FOSS4G, here and on osgeo-discuss, I have
started work on an RFC defining a project steering committee for the
OSGeo4W project to establish policy, and guide development.  The
preliminary version is at:

  http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/rfc1_pmc

Nothing is set in stone, I just wanted to initiate a preliminary version
for discussion.  Note that regardless of who is on the PSC, everyone
can be involved in discussion of this and other policy for the project.

If/when suggestions on the document seem settled, I'll call for a
vote on adoption of RFC 1.  While we obviously don't actually have
a PSC yet, my suggestion is we just proceed as if the RFC were in
force in order to bootstrap things.