[osgeo4w-dev] apt invalid data stream

Matt Wilkie maphew at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 12:02:08 PST 2014

Hi Martin,

That looks like the output of from a version before Osgeo4w-Setup.exe
started using a compressed setup.ini.

Please try the latest development version from
https://github.com/maphew/apt/blob/master/apt.py. Use the 'raw' link and
save to C:\Osgeo4w\bin\apt-dev.py (example; name doesn't really matter). If
apt-dev.bat doesn't exist run `make-bat-for-py`. After that `apt-dev
update` etc. should work.

Apt won't be able to upgrade python or itself, as it doesn't have the
machinery to replace in-use files.

Let me know how it works out.

cheers,

Matt