[osgeo4w-dev] Installer Not responding when installation directory exists

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 12:29:01 PST 2014

Hi,

the OSGeo4W installer stopped working (probably got stack in some loop,
window title says "Not responding") when I clicked the Next on the first
page (install type selection). I discovered that the directory C:\OSGeo4W
already exists, so I deleted that directory and the installer started to
work. However, when (or after) downloading, the installer window just
disappeared and I have the empty OSGeo4W folder in the start menu and there
is only the OSGeo4W Shell (I checked GRASS and GDAL).

Is anybody else experiencing the same problems or it is just that
particular computer? Should I create a ticket?

Thanks,
Vaclav