[osgeo4w-dev] Installing OSGeo4W without the non-OSS licensed components?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu May 29 15:55:45 PDT 2014

On 05/29/2014 03:49 PM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> I'm putting together a Windows system with OSGeo4W and some other
> components. When I do an Express Desktop install, it won't work unless
> I agree to two non-open-source licenses. How can I install without
> these components?

You can do the Advanced install and choose what you want to include.
You could also just delete the DLLs in question afterwards. I suspect
they are the gdal drivers for Mrsid and ECW formats.

I think what you found is a logic bug, it should skip things you don't
agree to, not abort the install. Did it really abort if you didn't agree?

Thanks,
Alex