[osgeo4w-dev] [Qgis-developer] Crash in thread on FILE opened by a lib compiled by MinGW

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Fri Jun 19 02:27:33 PDT 2015

Hi Radim,

On Fri, 19. Jun 2015 at 11:04:39 +0200, Radim Blazek wrote:
> I am trying to fix QGIS (compiled by MSVC) crashes with GRASS 7
> (compiled by MinGW) on Windows. I have traced down that it crashes
> when functions are called on a FILE structure which was created by a
> library (libgrass_gis.7.0.0.dll in this case) compiled by MinGW in a
> thread in an application compiled by MSVC. It crashes in Microsoft
> _lock_file(FILE *pf) where pf is casted to _FILEX:

Did you also track down what calls that?

Maybe something in QGIS that uses a file pointer function (fclose?) on
something returned from GRASS?  There should be some G_ function to call
instead.

I remember there was something similar that happend when GRASS was using a MSVC
built libpng (not lock_file in particular, but mixing up msvcrt file pointers).

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode