[osgeo4w-dev] using Pyscripter with Osgeo4w

Matt Wilkie maphew at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 09:30:38 PDT 2015

You don't need to duplicate the call ini scripts and setting of python
path, start osgeo4w shell and then run the pyscripter.bat from previous
post all in one go:

     C:\osgeo4w\osgeo4w.bat pyscripter.bat

...and I'm not using the remote interpreter. If you're willing to tinker
with the o4w install you should be able to get it to work by copying
python.exe to PYTHONHOME (./apps/Python27).

Digression:

The issue is that we follow 'nix convention and split the standard Windows
python structure into "bin" and "lib". I think eventually we will have to
merge it back, putting everything together under ./apps/PythonXX. It'll be
a way to support simultaneous Pyhon 2 and 3, perhaps the only way.

I've been hesitant to suggest or start that because it will touch almost
everybody (esp. package maintainers) and I don't have the time to devote to
seeing it through.

Cheers,

matt