[osgeo4w-dev] What is the status of pip and IPython in OSGeo4W?

Matt Wilkie maphew at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 10:53:54 PST 2015

Hi Vaclav,

I've been disengaged in Osgeo4w this year but as the original author of the
External Packages wiki page I'll throw in my 2c: The package maintainer
pool for o4w is very small, so in my opinion it's better to leverage pip
and pypa since there are more people and resources keeping that going.

With regards to Ipython, a quick test in a new install shows ipython itself
still works, for 32bit o4w. (Though I needed to change the get-pip install
procedure a bit; wiki page updated.) What are the notebook specific errors?

Matt