[osgeo4w-dev] How to get the installer to update existing installation?

Casper Børgesen caboe at sdfe.dk
Sun Jun 25 23:18:58 PDT 2017

Hi,

I have a batch file which updates my current Osgeo (x64) installation on Windows.

My batch command is:

osgeo4w-setup-x86_64.exe ^
    --advanced ^
    --download ^
    --arch x86_64 ^
    --upgrade-also ^
    --autoaccept ^
    --quiet-mode

What I can tell from running the above, it checks the server for new versions, download the new versions and then just shut down without actually running the various installations.

If I manually run the osgeo4w-setup-x86_64.exe (advanced setup) afterwards and just skip the part where you select the packages to install/modify/remove, the downloaded updates from the command above is then installed.

I remember that the above command used to work, but I don't remember if it was using the exact settings above.

Regards, Casper