[osgeo4w-dev] Mailing list meta stuff

Matt Wilkie maphew at gmail.com
Tue May 23 22:40:53 PDT 2017

Hi Folks,

Although I'm barely even a lurker in terms of the Osgeo4W project these
days I'm still one of the 2 mailing list administrators (the other is Frank
Warmerdam, also a ghost).

This evening someone reached out because they were having trouble posting
and even subscribing to the list. When I looked into it I discovered not
only is the list quiet, it's also small: there are only 10 members at
present. I thought the ratio of lurkers to participants was much larger.

Being small isn't necessarily a problem, this is a self-selected bunch
organized by a shared interest. It is a problem though if the reason for
small is because of over-zealous spam filtering! Please reach out to
osgeo4w-dev-owner at lists.osgeo.org if this is you.

Matt
*(...writing for the web archives as well as the list...)*