[osgeo4w-dev] OSGeo4W Download - Visual C++ Redistributable Crashes

sabj Sabina.Yim-2 at leidos.com
Tue Sep 19 12:35:40 PDT 2017

Hello,

I’d like to implement a Java class using GDAL/MRF to format raster pyramids.
I’m not at all familiar with GDAL, but I saw that OSGeo4W includes a
gdal-java package, so I thought I’d try playing around with that to use the
MRF to format my rasters.

I’ve tried installing the x86 version numerous times, but every time, I’ve
run into popup errors saying that Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable
(x86) 14.0.23918 and Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86)
12.0.30501 have stopped working. After I close these, the installation still
says it finishes successfully, but I don’t see any gdal.jar in the
C:\osgeo4w\lib folder.

I’ve also looked in my Programs and Features, and I only see Microsoft
Visual C++ 2010 x64 and x86 Redistributables. So I’m not sure where the 2015
and 2013 Redistributable errors are coming from. Are the Redistributable
crashes causing things from the OSGeo4W folder to be missing (like
gdal.jar)?

In general, am I going in the right direction with trying to use the
gdal-java package to use MTF for raster formatting?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/osgeo4w-dev-OSGeo-Win32-Installer-List-f3765018.html