[osgeo4w-dev] Installers updated to support mirrors

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon Feb 26 12:48:06 PST 2018

Hi,

as you might have noticed the new QGIS release currently produces heavy load on
download.osgeo.org.   I've add reinstated the original support for mirrors from
cygwin in our installers that was previously hardwired to download.osgeo.org.

The mirrors are listed in http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/mirrors.lst, which
is automatically fetched by the installer.  To reduce the load I mirrored
OSGeo4W to our site and included it.

When package are promoted a list of cgi remoted urls is invoked.  For our site
I use https://gitlab.com/jef-n/osgeo4w/blob/master/scripts/mirror-osgeo4w.sh to
rsync the updates (only the files that are referenced in setup.ini).

I guess the oslandia mirror should be added too - I just didn't do that
already, because it currently only carries the 64bit packages...

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode