[osgeo4w-dev] proj 5 update?

Kristian Evers kreve at sdfe.dk
Sun Mar 25 08:57:47 PDT 2018

> On 25 Mar 2018, at 17:42, Tobias Wendorff <tobias.wendorff at tu-dortmund.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Kristian,
>
> Am So, 25.03.2018, 17:39 schrieb Kristian Evers:
>> The bug you are referring to is not fixed in PROJ 5.0.0 so an
>> update will not really help you in that regard.
>
> I thought you've commited a patch for this some weeks ago?

The cause of the bug was unfortunately first determined after the
release process for 5.0.0 has started so it didn’t make it into the
final release.

>> Best option for  that is to use 4.9.3.
>
> It's not possible: QGIS3 doesn't start with proj4. You'll get an
> error on proj.dll when switching back to proj4.

Okay, I wasn’t aware of that. Unsure if that is by design or not though.
I haven’t followed the QGIS development that closely.

>> A bug fix release is on its way though, so when that is out it
>> should be safe to update the OSGeo4W PROJ package and have it
>> as the default.
>
> Oh, I thought it's in GIT already

Sure, the fix has been committed for a long time, but that is not the same
as it being present in a released version of the software. Of course it is
possible to patch the final release by the OSGeo4W maintainers but that
has not been the case here. I haven’t felt the need to follow up on this,
apart from adding the mentioned ticket, since the new version will be out soon.