[osgeo4w-dev] Adding a new python package

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Sun Jan 12 03:18:47 PST 2020

Hi Jürgen,

On 1/11/20 5:37 PM, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> On Fri, 10. Jan 2020 at 12:29:47 +0100, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
>> I would like to add a simple new python package to OSGeo4W (and potentially
>> a couple of others more in the future).
>
> Which ones?

packaging [1] is the one I would like to package first.

pum [2] and pirogue [3] might follow.

>     I use pippkg.sh[0], which installs packages via pip and tars them
> up (works for pure python packages or packages that don't bring in binary
> dependencies we don't alread have.
Thanks, that looks helpful.
>> This mentions, that one will need access to the osgeo download server. Is
>> there a formal process to get this access?
> The key you use for qgis2 should also work on download.osgeo.org.

Would you mind changing this to a new key? This one is gone for good on
a system crash way back unfortunately.

Matthias

[1] https://pypi.org/project/packaging/

[2] https://github.com/opengisch/pum