[osgeo4w-dev] Osgeo4w NG, DLL load failed while importing sqlite3 on python-qgis-ltr.bat

Lauri Kajan lauri.kajan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 06:45:55 PDT 2021

Hi,

When using the `python-qgis-ltr.bat` and trying to import sqlite3 I get an
ImportError that dlls are not found. I'm on the next gen osgeo4w.

I think that is because on py38 onwards dlls are not looked at from dirs in
PATH. And since python-qgis-ltr uses python.exe from
C:/osgeo4w/apps/python39 and not from C:/osgeo4w/bin where the sqlite3.dll
is, it doesn't find it.
Is this expected behavior?

Maybe not a relevant question here but to get more familiar with the
osgeo4w system:
When is it suitable using these different python executables? How do they
differ from each other?

Thanks,

Lauri