[OSGeoJapan-discuss] About ICA-Geo4All Labs in Japan

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan @ media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
2015年 11月 5日 (木) 15:23:36 PST

Dear All,

Some of you have expressed interest in joining the Geo4All network
Many thanks for that.

Could i request that you now follow the following steps:
I think you have already completed steps 1, 2 and 5

1. Please confirm you are happy with our criteria and principles at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Geoforall_criteria and demonstrate activity
that supports the Geo4all vision

2. Please also join the two mail list below so you and your colleagues
get updated on the various developments both global and regional.

list]
https://lists.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/geoforall-asiaaustralia
[Asia/Australia list] or whichever regional list as appropriate

3. Please add your lab details as to the wiki table list at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Edu_current_initiatives . It will then get
updated in our website etc.

4. Please confirm who will be the liaison officer to the initiative
representing your university or if this is someone else from your
university please add their details (email etc in this table)

5. Please take steps to setup a dedicated website for your Open Source
Geospatial Laboratory listing current research, people, and training
information. This web presence will allow other nodes in the network and
the general public to understand and promote your local efforts around
research and teaching of open source geospatial technologies open data
and open education approaches. The website should be established within
a year of the lab announcement and has to be maintained at least annually.

6. Please consider joining the Geo4All Thematic group that may be
relevant to the activities
of your lab. Details about the thematic groups are at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Geo_for_All#Subject.2FLanguage_Thematic_Chairs
You can also propose new Themes if the present list does not meet your
research interests.

We look forward to working with you for expanding Open Principles in Geo
Education. We will be pleased to provide any details you need and please
contact us for any information needed.

Best

Venka

Prof. Venkatesh Raghavan