[OSGeoJapan-discuss] Integration of Japanese GIS formats into mainline GDAL ?

Minoru Akagi akaginch @ gmail.com
2017年 3月 17日 (金) 19:26:21 PDT

Hi Miura-san, Even and all,

The FGD schema has been updated many times. Frankly, GML is too
complex. It is extremely difficult to create a software that fully
supports all the files witten in the language. We need to avoid
breaking the GML driver compatibiilty with the data formats of other
countries. Tinkered driver code will burden developers and maintainers
(sorry! :-<).

I like Miura-san's idea to convert FGD files with a Python script and
GDAL library. Python script converter is easy to be updated and can be
released frequently. It must be a good way for volunteer developers.

Regards,
Minoru