[Live-demo] Live DVD - next steps

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 23:34:17 PDT 2008

I'm excited to announced that LISAsoft has  managed to get part
sponsorship to do another print run of the LiveDVD. We will hand them
out in a couple of weeks in four Australian cities during a Geospatial
Open Source workshop roadshow, and also a Geospatial conference.

In preparation for the print run, we at LISAsoft have been busy
polishing the existing DVD, improving usability and graphical
presentation (to give it a more professional look).

In particular, we are starting to put infrastructure in place to make
the Live DVD a stand alone Open Source project, the first thing we are
needing to get in place for our print run is a name, and suitable
logo/mascot.

Luckily we have lots of inspiration for for mascots here in Australia,
and have picked a Wombat. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wombat
And a name for the project: "arramagong" which means "wombats run into
holes".

Geospatial Systems Architect