[Live-demo] what's in a name and a few ideas

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 20 23:58:09 PDT 2008

Hi,

Am I right in thinking that the iso can be burnt into a bootable USB
stick? It would be quite useful as tool to set up with your project data
and take into the field to launch your working environment on any
computer-of-opportunity that comes by/you are forced to use. Maintaining
a bootable DVD with life-of-session memory and a USB flash drive with
your data can be a nuisance.

if so, the name liveDVD or live-disc or live-demo doesn't really cover
what we are doing here.  perhaps "live-Geo"?

--

I support the idea of adding a trac instance for the project, as the
wiki, task/bug/wish trackers etc can be useful, and more integrated with

--

re. automated build scripts kept in a SVN based on debian live-image or
similar- my main argument is that with limited peoplepower this is the

and if we can draw in some of the very talented debian developers to
help solve packaging issues that arise, all the better for everyone and
it doubles the size of our development team...

2c,
Hamish