[Live-demo] LiveDVD from GISVM?

Stefan Hansen stefan.hansen at lisasoft.com
Mon Aug 17 18:02:07 PDT 2009

Hi Ricardo,

I'm just downloading your latest desktop-version of the GISVM, so I can
try to create an iso-image from it.

Its version number is 2008.11.01. That means it was created November
last year, doesn't it? Do you actually have a more recent
desktop-version? And if not, how hard would it be to create a desktop
version from your current server version?

regards,
stefan

Ricardo Pinho wrote:
> Cameron,
>
> I was reading:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Press_Release_11
>
> "FOSS4G Live DVD:
> LiveDVDs, based on the Xubuntu operating
> system and including Geospatial Open Source Software, will be given to
> all delegates. Users can boot a Live DVD on their computer and trial
> the software without installing or effecting the existing system. "
>
> And it remind me to propose to Live Demo initiative a Free Distribution of GISVM on the same or different physical DVD to all delegates.
> So users would benefit of having one more alternative to run and try FOSS4G!!!
>
> The only thing I ask for is to FOSS4G 2009 support the DVD production costs.
> And I would compromise to deliver a GISVM special edition for FOSS4G 2009 (just like I have done for FOSS4G2008...)
>
> Cheers,
> Ricardo Pinho

Stefan Hansen
Software Engineer
LISAsoft

Ph: +61 3 8680 3200 Fax: +61 3 8680 3299 Mob: +61
Level 9, 601 Bourke St, Melbourne Vic 3000

LISAsoft is part of the A2end Group of Companies
http://www.ardec.com.au
http://www.lisasoft.com
http://www.terrapages.com

The contents of this email are confidential and may be subject to legal or professional privilege and copyright. No representation is made that this email is free of viruses or other defects. If you have received this communication in error, you may not copy or distribute any part of it or otherwise disclose its contents to anyone. Please advise the sender of your incorrect receipt of this correspondence.