[Live-demo] [Fwd: The Easy steps to get your project on the FOSS4G Live DVD]

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 30 04:47:00 PDT 2009

Cameron wrote:
> I forgot to CC this live-demo list with this press release, which
> I have sent to a list of community leaders.

In hind sight the longer uDig install script is a bit long for a press
release. Oh well.

> Of particular note, you can download the Virtual Machine
> that Stefan has built so far from:
> http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/Arramagong_GISVM_FOSS4G2009_alpha1.7z
>
> It is around 2Gig in size.
> I haven't tested it yet, as the couple of downloads I tried
> from home aborted half way through with a connection
> problem. So I'm keen to hear if the download works.

tip:    wget -c PartiallyDownloadedFile.7z

will continue from where the last attempt broke off. You can even do this
if the first attempt was from your web browser (just rename any *.part
to be the final filename before running wget)

Hamish