[Live-demo] Next Version - New Name ?!

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com
Tue Dec 22 10:32:36 PST 2009

As usual, Hamish has some excellent answers about why write Open Source.
There are a series of excellent books by Eric Raymond, starting with the
Cathedral and the Bazaar, which covers this in more details.

For me, I've written Open Source Software for 10 years or so now, mainly
because I enjoy it. It started out as a hobby, which led to a number of
excellent jobs working with it.

 From a company (LISAsoft's) point of view, we make our decisions on
whether it is good business sense. Building a LiveDVD is good marketing
for the selling of Open Source Support, and we make money selling
solutions built upon Open Source Software.