[Live-demo] 2.0.3 testing

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com
Thu Oct 1 13:02:32 PDT 2009

Hamish, I think this is a good idea, in particular being able to create
a freeze of a build scripts so that it can be reproduced later.

I suggest going one step further.
Our build process starts by downloading everything from
livedvd/gisvm/trunk/ and get we use wget to get files out of svn during
the build process.
What I suggest is that we:
1. Instead of sourcing files by "wget -c
http://svn.osgeo.org/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/dir/file" we should source the
file from the version we have already downloaded which is currently at:
"~/gisvm/trunk/bin/../dir/file".  We can rename the gisvm svn directory
so that it is one below trunk, which will make scripts easier to run.

I suggest that we start making use of the tags directory. So that I can
check out the 2.0.3. At times it is important to distinguish between
2.0.3 and 2.0.4 if there are users for both version. This is more
important than using the branch directory. In fact, I suspect that we
will avoid the need to use the branch directory for the most part,
unless we decide to create an "unstable" build list and a "stable" build
list.

2. I suggest that we store a copy of the /tmp download directory. Some
projects are likely to move their download source location, and if they
do, then it will be hard for us to reproduce an old release.