[Live-demo] Tools to maintain the arramagong website

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 21:38:20 PDT 2009

>> Does anyone else have suggestions that we should follow?
>
> Quick comment: Sphinx is good for documentations and is, in my
> opinion, not so appropriate for entire web sites. Do GeoServer and
> MapServer use Sphinx for their entire web sites or only for
> documentation?

MapServer and GeoTools use it for entire websites. For udig I just
have a combo of static html pages (and a bit of php) checked into svn.

The general approach here is to commit the website into svn so the
developers working on the project can update it. Selection of raw html
or text + template is kind of up to us here on the development list.

Given we have pretty limited needs for a website I would go for sphinx
(note you can still break out lots of custom html as the template used
for the site would be committed into svn as well).

Jody