[Live-demo] Re: GISVM is published on click2try

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Oct 15 12:37:05 PDT 2009

Tom Callaghan wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>

> First, I want to thank everyone involved for all of the hard work and
> cooperation getting this appliance assembled.  This morning we have
> published the GISVM appliance in the click2try.com catalog.  There may still
> be one or two things to fix, but Aneel and Arun will continue to work those
> issues.  It is currently, published on one server but will migrate to
> several servers by the end of day.  Please give it a try.  You do not even
> need to log into the web site.
>

> 1.       Click here http://www.click2try.com to go to click2try.com
>
> 2.       Navigate to Web Development/Geospacial/Arramagong GISVM
>
> 3.       Click the "Try this Application" button
>
> 4.       Click the "Start My Application" button
>

> That's it.  A quick environment test will run and if you pass, it will then
> provision a brand new instance of the appliance and connect you to it
> through the click2try viewer.  We will send out the html code for a button
> that can launch one of these demos directly from your web sites.  Without a
> login, you get a 4 hour non-persistent VM (It goes away when you close the
> viewer or after 4 hours).  If you want to have a persistent VM, you will
> need to register with the site.  Registration is free.
>

> If you find anything wrong, please let us know.  We can fix it as necessary.
>

> Tom

Great news Tom. Just some minor notes about the link and catalog
placement. Geospatial has t not a c. I'd also like to discuss if Web
Development is the best placement, while 1/2 the projects are web
related the other 1/2 are clearly desktop applications. I wonder if it
warrants a new category in the catalog for Scientific which is how some
of the apps get classified, other consider it Edu.

Maybe someone else on the list has a good suggestion.