[Live-demo] mapserver capabilities urls - WMS possible?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sun Oct 18 15:00:30 PDT 2009

I agree this is an issue, I'm messing with it right now to try and
figure out what the deal is.
Looking at the gmap75.map it doesn't really contain a complete WMS set
of Metadata, specifically no projection stuff (I think this is the root
of the issue).

For some reason trying to hit gmap75_wms.map doesn't return a
getCapabilities at all. Not sure what the deal is since this file seems
to have all the wms stuff.

I know the mapsever instance is working ok since we loaded a new mapfile
for NACIS with WMS and it played nice with QGIS.

Any mapserver folks that can jump in here and solve what's wrong with
the examples on the livedvd? At least a temp work around for Jody would
be good at FOSS4G.