[Live-demo] Tomcat6 setup for deegree

Judit Mays mays at lat-lon.de
Wed Sep 2 23:39:58 PDT 2009

Okay, then I will add a new Tomcat dedicated to deegree with the
deegree_install script and have one icon on the desktop. (One for each
webapp doesn't make sense, if they are all running in the same Tomcat.)

Tomcat6 (/var/lib/tomcat6/conf/server.xml) is running on ports:
8080,
8005 (shutdown),
8443 (redirect)

If no objections come up I would like deegree-tomcat to use ports
8081
8006 (shutdown)
8444 (redirect)

As time is ticking away and since disk space is limited, I will not
enable the Philosopher example in deegree WFS, as it needs extra
configured DB connection (PostGis).

My plan now is to unzip a new Tomcat, put four deegree webapps (WMS,
WFS, WCS, iGeoPortal) in the Tomcat webapp folder and have the install
script download this whole chunk to the /usr/lib/ folder of the LiveDVD.
deegree documentation may go into /usr/local/share/deegree.

Is this good?

Kind regards,
Judit