[Live-demo] Live Demo Feature Freeze in 24 hours, get your install scripts finished

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 14:32:36 PDT 2009

OSGeo Live DVD developers,

As per our very tight schedule, we have a feature freeze in 24 hours.
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Schedule

By that, I mean that I want all install scripts committed back to
subversion, or at least emailed to this list.
How to is here: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GISVM_Build

If you can't complete your script, then feel free to suggest an
alternative, which has very easy steps to follow. Provide these details
in an issue in the issue tracker:
http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/query?group=status&component=LiveDVD&order=priority
Make sure to set the project="LiveDVD".
I can't guarantee that we will be able to get this included, but we will
try.

I plan to create a new version of the Live DVD Virtual Machine over the
weekend, and hope to have it ready for download early next week, and
then I'm hoping you all will run the image through a comprehensive set
of tests during the following week.

We will cut a Beta release of the DVD on 11 September, and have a final
freeze on 18 September, before we send the DVD to the printers.

I've only had a couple of people ask me for subversion access. Please
send me your osgeo user id if you are writing scripts, so you can commit
the scripts to svn yourself. Create your user id here if you don't have one:
http://www.osgeo.org/osgeo_userid

Over all, the disk is starting to take shape, and I think it will be
very well received at the FOSS4G conference. Thanks everyone for your
help and enthusiasm so far.

Geospatial Systems Architect