[Live-demo] Re: Getting GeoNetwork on the Live DVD being handed out at the FOSS4G conference

Ricardo Pinho rpinho_eng at yahoo.com.br
Sat Sep 5 01:23:46 PDT 2009

Hi Simon,

I've made a first draft of a "install_geonetwork.sh"
https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/bin/

Along with some config files:
https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/geonetwork-conf/

This is based on Geonetwork official install jar application.
So it uses Jetty, Geoserver and McKoy.
I haven't change the heap memory on the start_geoserver.sh
(java -Xms48m -Xmx512m -Xss2M -XX:MaxPermSize=128m)
But we can eventually change  it.

The script still lacks creating a Desktop/Menu start/stop link/icon so users can easily start/stop geonetwork.

Please give it a look and help us improve the install script and test it.
I'm not a geonetwork user... :-(

And please confirm this:
The default geonetwork user is:
login = admin