[Live-demo] install_pgrouting.sh feedback

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 13:54:50 PDT 2009

During the pgrouting.sh install, I get the following scaring error
message. So far, I didn't remove the following packages.
I suspect that removing the files listed might be too drastic? And if
they are removed, it should be done in the setdown.sh script. What are
your thoughts?

WARNING: The following essential packages will be removed.
This should NOT be done unless you know exactly what you are doing!
  apt libc6 (due to apt) libgcc1 (due to apt) libstdc++6 (due to apt)
  base-files base-passwd (due to base-files) libpam-modules (due to
  base-files) bash debianutils (due to bash) libncurses5 (due to bash)
  bsdutils coreutils libacl1 (due to coreutils) libselinux1 (due to
  coreutils) dash diff dpkg lzma (due to dpkg) e2fsprogs e2fslibs (due to
  e2fsprogs) libblkid1 (due to e2fsprogs) libcomerr2 (due to e2fsprogs)
  libss2 (due to e2fsprogs) libuuid1 (due to e2fsprogs) findutils grep
  libpcre3 (due to grep) gzip hostname login libpam0g (due to login)
  libpam-runtime (due to login) mktemp mount libsepol1 (due to mount)
  libvolume-id1 (due to mount) ncurses-base ncurses-bin perl-base
  python-minimal python2.6-minimal (due to python-minimal) sed
  sysvinit-utils tar util-linux lsb-base (due to util-linux) tzdata (due to
  util-linux) libslang2 (due to util-linux) zlib1g (due to util-linux)
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1358 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
2 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 2844MB disk space will be freed.
You are about to do something potentially harmful.
To continue type in the phrase 'Yes, do as I say!'
 ?]

Geospatial Systems Architect