[Live-demo] Arramagong GISVM alpha 4 release

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com
Fri Sep 11 02:09:42 PDT 2009

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just downloaded the image and gvSIG is not installed.
>
> I've run the script and had some problems about the install of the
> sun-java5-jre (it's a dependency of gvsig package), but maybe I should
> explicitly add it to the install script before doing a "dpkg -i" of the
> gvSIG package.
>
> After installing the java 5 JRE, the gvSIG deb package was configured
> and is working fine, I've loaded some WMS and WFS layers, yes it's not a
> hard testing :-)
>
> Did you have any problem with the install script?

Jorge, yes, it is a good idea to specifically apt-get java5 if you need
it. (Attempting to install it a second time from a second script won't
cause any problems, it will just be ignored). But that does bring up a
broader question regarding java version, which I'll ask in another email.

Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Systems Architect