[Live-demo] Grass script failure

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 22 00:05:13 PDT 2009

Alex wrote:
> I'm running the scripts now on a fresh VIM and got:
> Package wish is a virtual package provided by:
>   kt8.3 8.3.5-14
>   tk8.5 8.5.6-3
>   tk8.4 8.4.19-2
> You should explicitly select one to install.
> E: Package wish has no installation candidate
> ERROR: Package install failed! Aborting.

bah. thanks for catching it so quickly.

> I'm not sure which to pick, Hamish can you resolve that?

I added wish + tk8.5 as new pkgs after noticing that they weren't
pulled in by the grass package but were on the beta2 build log
Suggested package list. I thought they might have done something
silly in the UbuntuGIS package like disable tcl/tk gui now that
the wxPython one is there. shrug. now removed.

I notice in the beta2 build log it was installing tk8.4. I am
confused why it wants that and not tcl8.5 + tk8.5 packages?
(no big deal though as long as one set makes it in)

could  /usr/share/livedvd-docs/package_manifest.txt be included
as part of the build logs tarball? it would help debug these
things.  (it contains `dpkg --get-selections` from main.sh)

fyi, others should be aware that UbuntuGIS is shipping newer
versions of PROJ.4 and libgeos-c1. If you use stock Jaunty
packages which depend on those libraries make sure your app
still works.

Hamish