[Live-demo] Last details for LiveDVD

Ricardo Pinho rpinho_eng at yahoo.com.br
Sun Sep 27 04:15:52 PDT 2009

Hi,

First of all, I must congratulate everyone for the amazing work on GISVM-LIVEDVD project! I'm amazed by what you have accomplished on a so short time!!!

Collaboration is undoubtedly the key success of mankind! (don't understand why man still fight each other...)

Sorry for not being more helpful lately! But, this month I have been on a time demanding field work project, almost always disconnect!
So I've decided to get off your way... ;-)

After downloading and testing "GISVMbeta4", I have only two small notices for LiveDVD publishing:

1. REMOVE UPDATE-NOTIFIER ICON FROM DESKTOP.

I guess the first thing LiveDVD user will do is to click on that red arrow! And I suppose that's a very bad idea...
If you agree on this, I suggest to include the following command on the building scripts:
> sudo apt-get remove update-notifier

2. CONCENTRATE ALL GIS APPLICATIONS MENU ENTRIES ON A SINGLE GIS MENU

I've noticed that menu entries are spread on several menu groups: Education, Dev, Accessories, etc

I suggest, like previous GISVM editions, all entries should be concentrated on a GIS menu group.

Regards,
Ricardo Pinho
http://gisvm.com