[Live-demo] Re: Progress report

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 01:39:51 PDT 2009

Okay got 2.0.2 and burned it - working fine for testing.

I still needed to turn local networking off; but firefox can now be
used to work with geoserver etc.

The sydney roads dataset was new to mark (for PostGIS) and seems to
lack names. I am happy with it because it is slow enough I can watch
it draw from udig.

Symbolic data link worked fine from the users home directory - thanks!

Fore deegree startup and geosever startup firefox often opens before
the server is ready to take on requests? At the very least I need to
hit refresh once in order to show the initial page...

*One* change was required to the index.html file - to remove some
words about what you could do with the dvd (it implied you could do
anything even though much of the software has restrictions based on
their open source license)

With this in mind we modified the ISO provided for 2.0.2 - and I am
going to reboot and try that one.

jody