[Live-demo] 2.0.3 testing

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 20:23:28 PDT 2009

Quick:
- Number one advice - turn off networking before trying out the web
applications.
- This is very cool - I am going to use it to run my "friendly
introduction" tutorial :-)

Running log of test activities - I will test as much as I can before
it goes out the door.

udig starts up
- data directory short cut works

geoserver start does not work smoothly; firefox is opened before
server is available; turning
-- workaround - turn off networking & close firefox and click on the
Admin GeoServer link
- geoserver wms works
-- png8 not transparent background for tasmania dataset; changing to
png as workaround
- geoserver wfs works
- geoserver wfs-t works
- stop geoserver worked

deegree starts up
- same problem as geoserver; firefox is there before the server can
respond
- deegree wms works
-- layer metadata not correct (all the Utah datasets default to world
extend making it hard to find them when opening an empty map - ie zoom
to layer does not work if layer bounds not provided in capabilities
document)
-- getting some very fun visual gltiches due to deegree watermarking -
ie when ortho image shown the watermark will appear once for the
bounds of the other layers; and once for the smaller size of the orth
images
- deegree wfs capabilities document produced; udig is unable to handle
the actual GML produced
-- wfs layers do not provide title (resulting in only "Spring in Utah"
being visible; rendering with 1.1.0 failed with "unknown respond
result for GetFeature - unrecognized server error
WFS_1_1_0_DataStore.java 334
-- a bit better with 1.0.0 - basically this stuff fails when parsing
the describe feature type response NPE in WFS_1_0_DataStore 306
- stop deegree worked

pgAdmin
- crashed when I trying to view contents of Sydney database; asked me
to report problem etc...
- restarted ran "SELECT * FROM sydney" without problem
- uDig connected fine and was able to run through the roads without
problem, and display results in table view; was unable to figure out
correct bounds for data but that is probably udig's problem

mapsever
- demo Itasca works
- wms capabilities document not provided as a link anywhere I could find
- gmap demo very pretty
-- click to enable java mode does not work

qgis
- works displays countries and clouds.jpg; symbolic link in home
directory helped here

open jump
- works displays countries and clouds.jpg

kosmo
- works displays countries and clouds.jpg

I am out of time and cannot test any more prior to this going out. If
anyone is available Monday we are going to try and round up volunteers
to place the dvd into the conference bags etc...

Jody