[Live-demo] Re: overview images?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 1 20:13:24 PDT 2010

Jody wrote:
> Sorted out the issue; depending on the version of sphinx used the use of :
>
> .. image:: images/screenshots/1024x768/udig-overview.png
>   :scale: 50 %
>   :alt: udig workshop
>   :align: right
>
> Will result in a warning and the image won't be used.
>
> Simply remove the "%" and everything will work...
>
> .. image:: images/screenshots/1024x768/udig-overview.png
>   :scale: 50
>   :alt: udig workshop
>   :align: right
>
> If this change can be made to the RST files everything
> should be fine.

fwiw the version in Ubuntu 10.04 doesn't mind the "%" sign, and the "%"
sign is officially optional in the reSt spec. (I've no idea about the
timing, I suspect that sphinx is playing catch up instead of reSt adding
new features, but that's just a guess)

Rather than removing the % signs in svn, I suggest if you want to try
running the sphinx build outside of the xU 10.04 environment that you
strip away those % manually+locally:

  cd doc/overview
  sed -i -e 's/:scale:\([^%]*\) %/:scale:\1/' *.rst

regards,
Hamish