[Live-demo] GeoServer demo on the LiveDVD

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Aug 2 13:36:24 PDT 2010

On 08/02/2010 01:25 PM, Ian Turton wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Brian Hamlin <maplabs at light42.com> wrote:
>> Hi All-
>>  sometimes good things happen at the last minute..
>> I was just chatting with ianturton on #foss4g and it appears he is preparing
>> a GeoServer demo with NaturalEarth data..
>> not sure of the status of that but he seems very motivated..
>> it was a terse exchange (upbeat) so there is some conjecture on my part
>> at any rate, it might be worth including before a real RC1 build
>
> When would be the last possible time to get something in for the RC1
> build? - Currently I don't have the bandwidth or a DVD writer to
> actually try out running GeoServer on the DVD so I'm not entirely sure
> how it will work. Tomorrow at work I can burn a DVD and test things
> out. So I have a lot of the text but I need to test the actual steps.
>
> Ian
> PS I'll have a hi-res screen to do captures too then.

Ian, we haven't actually posted a DVD ISO yet for this version. It's
currently only available as a virtual machine which you can easily run
with Virtual Box, VMWare Player/Server, Kvm, Parrallels etc.

Today is the next build, and I will try to do an ISO too, the final
build is supposed to be next week.