[Live-demo] Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] 1 week to test the OSGeo-Live DVD before we burn it

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 14:01:05 PDT 2010

Thanks for trying to track down this issue Massimo asap.

I understand that Alex will be cutting a final release candidate, which
will hopefully become the final release this Monday 9 Aug. If you fix
the issue, we can verify it works, and hasn't effected any other
packages on that release.

On 05/08/10 18:38, Massimo Di Stefano wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> from the osgeo live list :
>
> Inizio messaggio inoltrato:
>
>>> The OSGeo-Live DVD is looking great, with 43 pre-configured GeoSpatial
>>> Open Source packages and marketing documentation.
>>>
>>> It will be sent to the printers next week, Monday 9 August, and we are
>>> calling on all projects to test their applications and documentation
>>> and verify everything is working fine.
>>>
>>> Could everyone with an interest please:
>>>
>>> download an ISO or Virtual Machine from here:
>>> http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/4.0-rc6/
>>> run (and update) test steps for your project. Test steps might be "Run
>>> steps in QuickStart". Record results here:
>>> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc_Testing
>>> review documentation:
>>> http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/4.0-rc6/osgeolive-docs/index.html
>>> if inspired - write a quickstart, or add screen shots to an existing
>>> quickstart.
>>> fix anything that is broken
>

> Ossim is present on the live-dvd thanks to the ubuntu packages
> prepared by Pirimin K.
> testing it i can see Imagelinker is built using ossim_qt4 instead of
> qt3, this give us a non-full working imagelinker :-(
>
> right now i'm preparing a fresh VM on which i'll try to rebuild
> imagelinker and ossimplanet from svn,
> unlucky i have no experience building .deb ...
> maybe using a cmake build "out of source" i can try to build a "static
> version" for all the ossim suite.
>
> here my question :
>
> using cmake i'm able to choose wich part of ossim i should build
> but i can't find an entry to choose between ossim_qt or ossim_qt4
> i can see only ossim_qt4 [ON/OFF]
>

> Pirimin, have you time/resource to build a new packages .deb ?
>
> Please, i'm avaiable at any time to try to generate a new .deb
> thanks to anyone who has experience on this side.
>
> Ciao,
>
> Massimo.

Geospatial Director