[Live-demo] Provide .fix files for all Shapefiles

Stefan A. Tzeggai tzeggai at wikisquare.de
Tue Aug 10 09:38:41 PDT 2010

Hi

1. good news: I debugged AtlasStyler and Geopublisher today a OSGeoLive
system and fixed all the problems reported.
AS and GP now have no more problems when opening a Shapefile without a
.fix spatial index from a read-only drive - it doesn't try to create the
index anymore.

2. The problem with read-only and .fix lies in Geotools, so it affects
uDig also.

3. I created a patch for Geotools
(http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOT-3245) but it is not yet reviewed.

Options are: