[Live-demo] PyWPS on the live disc

Massimo Di Stefano massimodisasha at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 04:26:25 PDT 2010

Il giorno 11/ago/2010, alle ore 12.22, Hamish ha scritto:

> Massimo wrote:
>> my mail was just to tell people - i've tested the script on
>> a "full live build procedure".
>
> Hi, quick greetings from the road.
>
> thanks for the script- I look forward to trying it out. will the
> full workshop material be posted afterwards?

knowing pywps will have a workshop at foss4g i asked them for a script and quickstart notes

i'm not a pywps guru, the people on the pywps list helped me to have the script working.

jackym was preparing the materials based on the already installed mapserver+OL+data
in the maintimei wrote :

pwps_definition.html
pywps_description.html
pywps_overview.rst

it only lacks the "quick satrt" beacouse needs more pywps knowledge
(a simple test to print out the get capabilities is ialready in)

but now that pywps will be not included (neither in background:-( ) on the live-dvd
i don't know if/when/how the dev team will help to finish the missed quickstart-tutorial examples.

> fyi I just made a few minor changes in svn to make it agree with
> our packaging conventions.

thanks i see the commit on the irc-boot :-)

> yes, it is far too late to add for this edition, feature freeze
> was just too long ago and we are now working on the final cut.

 :-(
problems comes up when there is no people directly intersted
for pywps i offered my full time unlucky  this time i started too late to work on the live,
i had to finish my study

a note for the next time :
if we will know which workshops will be avaiable at foss4g
i'd like to see on the disc at least the sw and materials needed to partecipate to the workshop
i guess this is important to have a good feedback from who will partecipate at foss4g

> minor version 4.5 is intended for some months from now and it
> can be on that. hopefully a point release by then so it doesn't
> have to pull from svn? (moving targets are discouraged)

adding a revision number to the svn co , will help ?