[Live-demo] 4.0rc7 Trimming for Space

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Aug 11 16:48:52 PDT 2010

So we're a bit over on space at ~4.7-4.8(4.74) GB
That means we need to trim 340 MB from the final in order to be able to
burn a DVD. So that's either ~680 MB worth of stuff in the live OS
and/or 340 from the Windows/Mac installers.

By no means all of the options, just some obvious ones
Option 1: Remove the Mac Installers ~ 530MB Savings

Option 2: Remove non-OSGeo Installers ~ 411.9MB Savings
	Things that would be removed:
	Mac: php5 45.3 MB, udig 86 MB, R 36.8 MB
	Win: Kosmo 117.6 MB, udig 93.8MB,opencpn 14.6,maptiler 12.5,saga 5.3

Option 3: Trim more stuff from the live portion.

We are a bit tight on time, so my choice is option 2 as a quick, clear
way to do it. I would much prefer option 3 but don't think it's
practical to meet our deadline.

Also note, the iso earlier had the wrong name rc6 when it's actually
rc7. Forgot to svn up before the build and missed the revision.
Apologies, some of the md5 and links are not quite right so make sure to
double check which folder you downloaded from, the build log in the home
directory will say rev 4588.