[Live-demo] 4.0rc7 Trimming for Space

Brian Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Wed Aug 11 17:44:29 PDT 2010

On Aug 11, 2010, at 5:21 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:

> The installers are one of the reasons I can get people to pick up the
> DVD at conferences. I think I can migrate the uDig quickstart to use
> the natural earth dataset; this would allow the 25megs of uDig sample
> data to be removed.

sure, Installers are useful.. no question. Free installers more so..
is it really 'hook' to get someone to use a LiveDVD ?  to get more
involved in a project?
less clear

> Talking with Cameron some space can be saved by removing the .svn
> information (which actually adds up over time).

I am definitely not picking out uDig by choice..  just so you know
just grappling with this unhappy choice..
svn info is a start.. but its ~350 MB that has to go..
great work that the build log generates that disk usage info...
very handy for this moment..

>>> Alex