[Live-demo] Some projects not available in the "GeoSpatial" Menu

Stefan A. Tzeggai tzeggai at wikisquare.de
Thu Aug 12 03:00:16 PDT 2010

Hi

Atlasstyler and Geopublisher are both "Desktop GIS" Applications.

Geopublisher has a rather small target group as it produces atlases for
offline (develpment aid, capacity building etc.), but atlasStyler
creates standard OGC SLDs and is useful for many people. I would like to
see it in the "Desktop GIS" section.

Tell me if i can help with this.

Greetings,
Steve

PS: I updated the latest AtlasStyler quickstart documentation on how to
use it with PostGIS as well as Shapefiles.

Am 12.08.2010 01:20, schrieb Cameron Shorter:
> I've just been working on aligning overview docs under the same headings
> as the  "GeoSpatial" menu in the toolbar on the OSGeo-Live desktop.
>
> And I've discovered a number of the projects are not accessible via this
> menu yet. (I've been looking at 4.0rc6)
>
> Hamish,
> If you don't have time to sort this out, could you please point me at
> instructions on how to update this.
>
> (Note, I'd also love to replace descriptions of "Start XXX" to "XXX
> Start" so that all XXX application entries are sorted next to each other)
>
> SpatialLite seems to be in a number of categories, but I suggest should
> only be listed in one.
> I expect that the Zoo Project has been categorised in 4.0rc7, but am not
> sure.
>
> Applications which are uncategorised:
>
> Specific Desktop GIS
> --------------------
> * :doc:`geopublisher_overview`- [`QuickStart
> <../quickstart/geopublisher_quickstart.html>`_] - Catalogue
> * :doc:`atlasstyler_overview` - [`QuickStart
> <../quickstart/atlasstyler_quickstart.html>`_] - Style Editor
> * :doc:`osgearth_overview` - [`QuickStart
> <../quickstart/osgearth_quickstart.html>`_] - 3 Dimention Terrain Rendering
> * :doc:`mb-system_overview` - [`QuickStart
> <../quickstart/mb-system_quickstart>`_] - Sea Floor Mapping

- --
wiki² - Softwareentwicklung
Stefan A. Tzeggai, geb. Krüger
Straßburger Weg 26
53113 Bonn

email   tzeggai at wikisquare.de
phone   0228 24 000 528
mobile  0176 40 38 9559
webpage wikisquare.de
twitter http://twitter.com/geopublishing
skype   alfonx

reclaim your net - http://tor.eff.org
enforce privacy - http://www.pgpi.org
pgp key id: 51B576FD - http://pgp.mit.edu

Please note that according to the German law on data retention,
information on every electronic information exchange with me is
retained for a period of six months.